Return of gold
Our customers ask frequently: "How will I be able to sell the gold bars later? Will the Fairtrade Premium be lost?"
We believe that a secondary market will establish itself in the medium term. This means that whenever you want to sell one of your Fairtrade Gold bars, you should be able to find a buyer who is willing to pay the Fairtrade Premium. This would be comparable to higher quality diamonds - for which a premium is also paid on the secondary market. Even if you can't see or measure the metal's "Fairtrade character", it is still a valuable (intrinsic) quality feature.
To set the establishment of a secondary market in motion and to remove those concerns from the outset, we offer the following:
Gold bars and coins which you've bought from us,
can be returned by you to us at any time.
We thereby honor the Fairtrade Gold premium.
We apply a customary spead between the buying and selling price. When you buy physical gold, silver or platinum from a bank and sell it back to a banks, there is a similar spread.
Our offer in detail:
- To ensure traceability, we can only take back certified gold that you purchased from us personally.
- The refund amount is currently calculated as follows: Gold spot price (e.g. Kitco, Bloomberg) x 1.10.
- The minimum value of goods per return to us is 3000 EUR.
- Goods and product packaging must be in as-new condition.
- You inform us about your return request and the required details via email.
- We organize the discrete collection from you by a reliable courier service.
- You bear the transport costs & risks. For collections in Germany we charge 39 EUR for every 10,000 EUR value of goods (or part thereof), in the rest of Europe 69 EUR for every 10,000 EUR value. In addition, 20 EUR per every 10,000 EUR value will be charged for handling & inspection of the goods by us. Special, very remote and other areas on request.
- Alternatively, you can use your own mode of transport, at your own costs & risks. Please only use services where you are allowed to ship precious metals. In Germany, we recommend Intex for shipping valuables with insurance cover. We'll still charge 20 EUR per every 10,000 EUR value (or parts thereof) for handling and inspection of goods.
- We then transfer the refund to your bank account according to your specifications.
Do you have any questions or comments about this offer? Please let us know!