Return of gold
Our customers ask frequently: "How will I be able to sell the gold bars later? Will the Fairtrade Premium be lost?"
We believe that a secondary market will establish itself in the medium term. This means that whenever you want to sell one of your Fairtrade Gold bars, you should be able to find a buyer who is willing to pay the Fairtrade Premium. This would be comparable to higher quality diamonds - for which a premium is also paid on the secondary market. Even if you can't see or measure the metal's "Fairtrade character", it is still a valuable (intrinsic) quality feature.
To set the establishment of a secondary market in motion and to remove those concerns from the outset, our offer stands:
Gold bars and coins which you've bought from us,
can be returned by you to us at any time.
We honor the price premium of Fairtrade Gold.
We apply a customary deduction from the current market price. When you buy and sell physical gold from or to banks, there is a similar spread.
Our offer in detail:
- The refund amount is calculated as follows: Gold spot price (e.g. Kitco, Bloomberg) x 1.10.
- The minimum value of goods (after discount) per return to us is 3000 €.
- Goods and packaging must be in as-new condition.
- You inform us about your return request via email.
- We organize the discrete collection from you by a reliable courier service.
- You bear the transport costs & risks: In Germany 39 EUR for every started 5000 EUR value of goods. In the EU usually 59 EUR for every started 5000 EUR value of goods. This includes handling and inspection of goods by us. Special customs areas, (small) islands and very remote locations on request.
- Alternatively you can deliver the goods to us personally in Leipzig, Germany, free of charge. An appointment is required.
- We then transfer the refund to your bank account according to your specifications.
Do you have any questions or comments about this offer? Please let us know!